Hi guys! It's Putri here. In today's entry, I'm going talk about blackheads. Actually, what is blackheads and what cause it to happen?
What are Blackheads?
Blackheads are small bumps that appear on your skin due to clogged hair follicles. These bumps are called “blackheads” because the surface looks dark or black. Blackheads are a mild type of acne that usually form on the face, but they can also appear on the back, chest, neck, arms, and shoulders.
Some factors can increase your chances of developing acne and blackheads, including:
- Blackheads are easy to spot on the skin because of their dark color. They are slightly raised, although they are not painful because they are not inflamed like pimples. Pimples form when bacteria invade the blockage in the hair follicle, causing redness and inflammation.
How Can It Be Treated?
- Acne Medication
- Prescriptions Medication
- Manual Removal
- Chemical Removal
- Laser & Light Therapy
How Can We Prevent Blackheads To Happen?
- Wash your face twice a day, after you wake up from your bed and before you're going to bed.
- Wash your hair regularly especially if it's oily because the oil on the hair can contribute to clogged the pores .
- Use any oil-free products such as skin care, makeup, lotions or sunscreen
- Exfoliate your face twice a week to remove any dead skin cells and it can help to reduce the amount of blackheads on the face
As I explained above, the blackheads cans be super annoying and gross. So we have to always make sure that we treat this problem. I understand that most of the blackheads removal product that is sold in the market are quite expensive and does not work as we expected. But actually we can create our own blackhead removal products using any ingredients in our house. I already make a video about this and if you haven't watch it, feel free to check them out :)